The 4th of July is my favorite

Jul 4, 2012
I. Love. Fireworks. 
Last night I headed down to Ft. Meigs to watch the Perrysburg/Maumee fireworks show. With a 2-3 minute finale I was in firework heaven. They really know how to put on a show. 

It's not just the fireworks that make the 4th my favorite holiday, it is also the patriotism that you see everywhere. I love driving own the main street with the flags waving in the breeze.  I love the cute little USA decorations adorning the windows and porches.  Without getting too political here, I know there is a lot wrong with our country and I know this is tough time, but I feel that today is a day when we focus on the good.  That maybe for just this one day the different sides can come together and just remember how amazing we are and the challenges we have overcome.  

When I think back on some of those challenges, I become very proud.  During my trip there were a few moments that brought a tear to my eye and renewed some of that American Pride.

One such moment was at The Pentagon

Another moment was in a little Pennsylvania town. 


Ordinary people who took extraordinary actions to save lives.

 The field where the plane crashed.

No matter how many times I will visit DC in my life, Arlington Cemetery will always take my breath away.
Especially here...

The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is a beautiful ceremony that I could watch all day.  To try to describe how perfect the movements were would be an injustice.  

So, to the men, women and even children that have sacrificed so much for this country, I say thank you. And knowing how cheesy this is going to sound, it is true...I am proud to be an American. 

Happy 4th of July everyone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.