Blast from the past...

Aug 25, 2012
Before Beanie Babies, before Ferby and before Tickle Me Elmo there was a bear....

Teddy Ruxpin



I remember being very little and being very exited when I received a Teddy Ruxpin as a present.  He was so cool!  I loved Teddy Ruxpin.

We played, he read books to me, and I was completely fascinated that his eyes and mouth opened and closed when he talked.Teddy and I had a great week together.   

And then tragedy struck..... Teddy was broken!!!!

It might have had something to do with me being extremely curious about how he worked.  I needed to know.  

I might have ended up poking his eyes out. 

I laugh now...but then, I was heartbroken.  It must have been a traumatic experience since I can still remember how sad it was when I asked....

"Maybe..sniff sniff...we can fix him?" Poor little me.  Poor little Teddy!

No, he was a goner.  

Then yesterday, my dad brought home his latest garage sale find...Teddy!!!  It was a beautiful scene as I embraced the little guy.  

First it was a little creepy since my dad thought it would be funny to peek the little Teddy head through my window, but then it was a happy reunion.  

Seriously creepy, dad.

I quickly put batteries in and pressed the magical button.....and nothing happened.

I guess I'm not destined to have a working Teddy Ruxpin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.