My mini-adventures in Florida

Jan 23, 2012
This past week I went to Florida.  I went for several reasons:
  1. To visit some friends (miss you guys already!)
  2. It's winter in Ohio.  :(  But it is warm in Florida!
  3. I have Belongitis Southernexia
 I am trying to figure out how someone who loves everything about the beach, warm weather, palm trees and sunshine so much lives in OHIO!  It's just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Oh yeah, because my family lives here.  Hmmm...I'll have to see what I can do to change that. 

That's a problem for another day.

Focus.

I didn't keep you up to date with my adventures during my trip, so now it's time to get you caught up.

One of my mini-adventures was going fishing.  LOL!

I didn't make a good fisher-woman.  I had no idea what I was doing and even though I tried to help; I was kind of an epic fail.  It was very exciting seeing the pole twitch when a fish was nibbling on the bait.  Of course after I let out a girlish sequel of excitement, I would try to set the hook with not so much luck.  I had fun though.  I mean who wouldn't have fun sitting on the pier at Ft Myers Beach listening to the waves lapping up on the beach.

It was slow going, when the gentleman next to us got a bite on his line!  And boy was it a BIG one!  I was so excited.  We (uhem...my friend) helped pull his catch in.  It turned out not to be a fish but a stingray!  Amazing!

It was dark and not very good lighting, so sorry about the crappy picture.  He was a good sized stingray.  In this picture my friend is pulling the hook out of it's mouth.  Mr. Stingray was then returned to his watery home. 

An hour or so later we finally got a fish!  My friend pulled this guy in....


We decided to name him Fred.  As my friend cleaned and sliced him up, I thanked Fred for giving up his life so we could eat him.  It was kind of a sad moment for me.  I guess even more sad for Fred. 

He was a tasty speckled, spotted, freckled, polka-dotted trout.  I can't remember exactly what kind of trout, but you get the idea he had spots on him. 

I can now say I went fishing.  Too bad that wasn't on my bucket list.  I'm kind of tempted to add it, just so I can cross it off.  I think in this case that is cheating though. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.